DigiTex operates as a consortium that
- provides members with access to research and emerging best practices in technology-enhanced education.
- helps members identify and implement innovative solutions that will make higher education more affordable and accessible for all Texans.
- facilitates collaboration among Texas community colleges.
- leverages the collective power of Texas community colleges to improve institutional efficiency.
- provides stakeholders with relevant and timely information on Texas community college online education.
Since its founding as the Virtual College of Texas in 1998, DigiTex has facilitated inter-institutional course sharing across the state, with more than 50,000 students accessing courses needed for completion of credentials. We now partner with Acadeum for more effective and efficient course sharing in Texas and potentially beyond.
Texas Quality Matters Consortium
We lead the statewide consortium of Quality Matters, a national nonprofit that provides research-based tools for implementation of quality assurance in course design, helping to facilitate the success of online learners.
Open Educational Resources
DigiTex supports the adaptation, development, and implementation of Open Educational Resources (OER) at colleges and universities in Texas, including organizing convenings and other professional development activities and conducting a statewide survey on OER policy and practice.
State Authorization Network
We offer our colleges membership in the State Authorization Network (SAN), a system that provides information, training, webinars, and other resources to help colleges comply with the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) and other regulations.