There are many factors that contribute to a quality online learning experience, and Quality Matters focuses specifically on course design from the learner’s perspective. The Texas Quality Matters Consortium (TxQMC) is a network of 30 Texas colleges and universities that have been helping each other improve distance and blended learning with Quality Matters since 2014. The list of TxQMC affiliate members can be found here: TxQMC Affiliate Colleges.
The Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas (DigiTex) manages the TxQMC and works with the QM Coordinators at each member institution to ensure all staff and faculty have what they need to effectively use the membership.
If your institution is looking for a proven approach to engaging learners with high quality online courses, TxQMC has the resources you want. Through course improvement, professional development, and robust review processes, TxQMC uses the Quality Matters program to empower institutions to deliver on the promise of online learning.
Joining TxQMC is Fast and Affordable
The annual membership cost of the Texas QM Consortium is $1,350 for Texas community colleges and $1,500 for 4-year institutions of higher education—a savings when compared to the $1,750 basic subscription rate available directly through Quality Matters. The member registration process is quick and new members can immediately begin accessing the resources and trainings available through Quality Matters. The discounted annual membership is the first of many benefits to joining the Texas Quality Matters Consortium. Other resources include:
- Discounted rates for online workshops facilitated by certified consortium facilitators:
- Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR)
- Improving Your Online Course (IYOC)
- Designing Your Online Course (DYOC)
- Free internal and self-reviews for an unlimited amount of courses and access to multiple options for Official QM Course Reviews.
- Consultations for implementing QM at an institution.
- Connection to the network of 30 Texas colleges and universities in TxQMC and 1,200 national and international institutions using Quality Matters.
- Access to Quality Matters resources including:
- Accessibility & Usability Resource Site (AURS) which provides tools for educators to address key accessibility and usability concerns.
- Frequent QM facilitated webinars covering topics ranging from online research, success stories, and accessibility in online learning environments.
- A library of curated QM resources on QM best practices.